Thursday, April 3, 2008

Limited Access

So it turns out the only real way we have to access the blog is through my blackberry so we apologize for leaving yall hanging the past few days. I think David's post below sums up alot though!

We just arrived tonight in the beach town where we will spend the rest of our trip before we fly back. We are staying in apts. With the students who are over here for a full semester so its been fun chatting with them and talking about our shared experiences. I looked at their website before coming over so its neat to meet them in person.

We took a 3 hour taxi ride here after we spent the day in the touristy town. We mainly shopped and bought too many things to bring back... Our bags are bursting at the seams and probably over the flight weight limit but there are just so many cool things to buy over here! You could almost furnish a whole house and probably get it cheaper by flying over and shipping things back. Our deal of the day were cool handmade glass lanterns for $4!! We also saw snake charmers, performing monkeys and tutrles that are used in black magic spells. The city is definitely dark spiritually. Another highlight of the day was drinking frsh orange juice in the square! AMAZING!!! Yum yum!

Sorry for the lack of pictures - cant do that from my blackberry! When we get back you will see plenty Im sure! I think David has taken almost 1000 already!!

1 comment:

Joan said...

I am thrilled to hear from you again! I am so happy you are back from the mountains where we can hear about your adventures. I love reading the blog. I'm praying for you and the team CONSTANTLY!