Monday, March 10, 2008

Clothing & Cuisine

Hey everyone, Emily here, trying this thing out and getting the ball rolling for other posts!
Thanks to David for setting this up for our team and we hope you will check in with us while we are in Africa.

Last night we had another team meeting where we went over things to pack and appropriate dress. For us girls, it is elbows and knees covered! So today I ventured out to Old Navy & Target to see what fashionable modest clothes I could find and to my surprise I actually found a lot! In case you hadn't heard tunics are big this season - which was perfect. I also got all my travel size toiletries and a few snacks.

Which brings me to the next topic...FOOD! I'm a little concerned about my food choices over there. I am really picky and I'm worried about how that will all play out. This is one of my biggest prayer requests for the trip. At our meeting last night Mike (who lived in North Africa for 2 years) taught us a new little prayer: "Where you send me I will follow, What you feed me I will swallow" or something to that effect. HAHA! I'm definitely going to praying that a lot!

1 comment:

Valarie said...

You will be amazed at the grace that God will give you to eat the food. Our tip for eating is to eat what you don't like first and it makes the rest a lot easier :-).

Blessings!!!