Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wow did I sleep well last night! I nearly slept through the call to prayer this morning over the loudspeaker (outside our window, there is a mosque). This morning, I got up early before breakfast to take a run along the walled city where we are staying. It was pretty cool to see the locals walking in to work or breakfast. I ran along the water towards another smaller walled city where kids were playing soccer outside. I am really enjoying seeing how similar our cultures really are! Today, we are leaving this town and are traveling to an ancient city. Here is another picture... a holy site built over ancient ruins.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

It's beautiful! David, I remember you running along the water front in Spain. I'm so glad North Africa can accommodate your desire for early morning runs along the water's edge! Again, I am praying daily. Love from Atlanta.....

Carolyn Norton said...

Daveeed!
Great pix and updates! Love reading these. The trip sounds amazing already. You're all in my prayers. (Hi to John by the way).

You're not missing much here EXCEPT the final four teams have been chosen now (and yes, they're the 4 on my bracket)...UNC, UCLA, Memphis and Kansas (1st time all #1teams have been in final four?). Davidson ALMOST beat KS tonight (lost by 2 points), which would have been a HUGE upset, but KS pulled it out, so I'm doing well in my office pool!

Anyway, saw Donny tonight (he came to fusion at rob's) and he was going to pick up Shelby at your mom's house on the way home (maybe) and cut the grass tomorrow so I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that. (: All is well on the home front!

Love and blessings to all,
Carolyn

P.S....Dave Barnes is coming to ATL on Sunday night Apr. 13th, so we have to GO!

alguien said...

hey david!!!
it sounds great!!! except the 3am mosque prayers :-)
i'would like to be there with your team living some days in that amazing country and sharing with their people...
play tennis with someone native people!!!
take care and remember we'are all praying for you in vilanova!